Tools -> Options -> set Homepage
-> Fonts and Colors -> set Proportional to Sans Serif
-> Languages -> add Hebrew, move it up to the top; set Hebrew
(Windows-1255) as default
Downloads -> select Ask me where to save every file
Advances -> check Begin finding when you begin typing
-> set Tabbed browsing to open links in a new tab in the most recent window
-> uncheck Hide the tab bar when only one website is open
In the address bar, type about:config -> Enter
-> right click any entry in the list - choose New -> Boolean
-> type browser.urlbar.autoFill -> Enter -> select True
-> find accessibility.typeaheadfind.linksonly, double click it to set to True
-> find bidi.browser.ui, double click it to set to True (not necessarily needed in most systems)
-> find browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace, double click it to set to False
Recommended extensions and plugins.:
* To place a New Tab button on the tab-bar, use the Toolbar Enhancements
extension. Then right-click toolbar and choose Customize.
* Site Navigation Bar is available via the Link Toolbar extension
* Resize Search Box. After installation, open Customize Toolbar dialog and drag the resizer between the Address bar and the Search field.
* CuteMenus. Adds icons to the menu-items in context and regular menus.
* TargetAlert. provides visual cues for the destinations of hyperlinks.
* To install Flash, just browse to a site with Flash animations and follow the wizard. Alternatively, download Flash installer.
Last edited: 20/01/2005